Inner Makeup Astrology
Branding & Logo Design
Rebranding to Shine Bright
Since its inception in 2014, Inner Makeup Astrology’s small business has grown a fun, creative approach to astrology into a brand that not only offers individual insights, but a bi-weekly newsletter, a podcast interviewing well-known industry thinkers, and a magazine column called “Moon Messages”. Inner Makeup recognized its need to rebrand in order to fit its growing brand awareness; most importantly with a new, vector-based logo.
- Brand Identity: Define brand communication objectives, features/benefits, & creative strategy through branding workshop
- Logo Design: Create scalable logo that elevates and upgrades Inner Makeup’s feel without erasing brand familiarity
- Graphics Creation: Design “Star Love” podcast cover art for Inner Makeup content marketing
Inner Makeup is known for being:
These insights provided the basis for typography and color palette selection.
Since this was a rebranding project, we discussed that it was important to:
- Create an easy-to-follow brand evolution
- Include the whole business name in logo for clarity, rather than “IM” which was previously used
- Incorporate easily accessible typefaces for future, client-made content
- Keep the moon in the logo, but transform it to a waxing crescent for client preference
The moon element was identified as the core from the old logo. I modernized it by using a solid color instead of gradient. Per client request, I transformed the moon from a waning crescent to a waxing crescent.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop