The Black Sheep
Logo & Web Design
A Baa-rand New Site Design
As part of the Front End Web Development certificate program through San Diego Community College District, I worked with a group of two others to redesign a website. We selected to redesign theblacksheep.biz, a yarn business in San Diego for over 40 years.
While theblacksheep.biz site is updated regularly, the design and code is dated – including using tables in order to achieve the desired layout. I focused the re-design on improving the user experience by using a modern 12 column grid layout, selecting friendlier colors while maintaining WCAG contrast standards, and creating an online shop feature mock up.
- Digital Design: Lead efforts pertaining to overall design elements including but not limited to creating moodboard, redesigning logo, creating high fidelity comp, establishing style guide
- Copywriting: Write copy for all pages
- Project Management: Act as project manager to ensure efficient group communication and establish short term goals/deadlines
- Coding: Debug HTML and CSS during site creation
- Provide written analysis of research findings (card sort, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Create low and mid fidelity wireframes
- Author base code for website as lead developers
- Identify a website that needs a thorough redesign including look and feel, content, information architecture, etc.
- Perform a content audit and generate a needs analysis. Identify audience profile, subject matter, voice and tone, desired outcomes
- Perform competitor analysis and card sort; using this information, generate a site map and wire frame the redesign
- Create a moodboard to capture overall design feel
- Create a high fidelity comp
- Build a responsive, mobile-first website using HTML and CSS
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Visual Studio Code (HTML/CSS)